We Are Partners In The Process.
Our experience and thoroughness offer a smooth and professional experience for each client. We have a routine approach to each project, which allows us to keep thing on-track and on-budget. Let’s take a look!
Involving Herr & Co. during the design phase of your project can help streamline the construction process and meet your budget.
- Herr & Co. can work closely with you to develop a comprehensive set of drawings for your project, both for accurate estimating and to submit for a building permit.
- If you do not already have plans, we will advise you.
- We will recommend design options, set-up interviews, and participate in meetings to provide our expertise.
Herr & Co. strives to make our estimating procedures completely transparent.
- We use project management software to provide you with a detailed estimate and scope of work.
- As part of the estimating process, we will give you a decision list with a timeline for when selections will need to be finalized in order to keep your project on schedule.
- After a comprehensive estimate has been generated, we will review it with you and fully explain the value added to your project by using Herr & Co. as your general contractor.
The final step before pressing “go” with your project is signing a contract with Herr & Co.
- After your review and approval of the project estimate and scope of work, we will draft a contract.
- We discuss cost-plus or fixed-price options with you to determine the best type of contract for your situation.
- Once the contract is signed, we will schedule a start date for your project.
Once we have determined a start date for your project, we will create a construction schedule.
- The project manager will refer to this schedule to ensure your project is completed on time.
Herr & Co. is dedicated to keeping clear communication with every client.
- A Herr & Co. superintendent will be the first point of contact on your project and will work closely with the subcontractors. This employee will also self-perform work throughout the project to minimize overhead.
- Project managers will work with you to schedule weekly or bi-weekly site meetings to discuss the progress of your project as well as give you a look ahead.
- Once a month, your project manager will review a report with you that shows actual job cost versus your budget and estimate.
- Herr & Co.’s goal is to never initiate change orders that would increase the cost of your project. If a change to the original scope of work must be made at any point, we will generate a change order form for you to review and sign.
Our billing procedures make it easy.
- Invoices are sent on the first of each month, with payment due in 10 days.
- We can work with your bank on a draw schedule or other payment terms.